Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Latest and greatest Brooke stories

I have two Brooke stories from the day that really made me smile.

Today at preschool Brooke learned about Hanukkah and colored a menorah that she brought home. We were talking about what she learned and I told her that the Jewish people are related to the same people that she is learning about in BSF (this year we are studying the life of Moses.) I told her that the Jewish people today are still waiting for Jesus to come and they don't think he was born 2000 years ago like we do. She walks over to our nativity set and says, "Mom! That's silly. Jesus is right here." as she picks up the baby Jesus figure and brings him over to me. I love that anything other than the truth of the Gospel is "silly" to her - may God hold her heart and mind tight to that as she grows.

Then, during nap Brooke was helping with laundry, wrapping gifts and putting away a few things I had bought that morning. So she was unpackaging some new underwear for her daddy and putting them into his drawer when all of a sudden she says in a most excited voice, "LOOK! Daddy's underwear even come with a pocket in them! Did you know that? That's cool." I almost fell out of my chair laughing at her observation. I made her call Mike to tell him herself - she did and adds, "AND DADDY! The pocket goes all the way through!" And we left the conversation at that - Brooke thinks daddy has a cool pocket in his underwear.

No comments: