Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day of First Grade

Brooke was very excited to start her first day of 1st grade. Highlights of anticipation were that they get morning recess, their own lockers and desks, and are responsible for walking to the bathroom without a teacher! She made sure that I was prepared to have her journal ready to go on the kitchen table for her to record her day. Turns out Mrs. Mayer is super nice and she had a great day! BUT, it was just like a practice day. Friday, would be more like a "real" day. My baby is growing up. I'm not sad about it...I'm so excited to watch her experience this next year and all the learning, academically and socially, that it will bring.




And little Lincoln started preschool on Tuesday. He'll go two mornings a week. Originally it was so I could volunteer at Brooke and Clayton's school...pregnancy changed those plans and it'll just be a great time for him to play and learn while mommy gets prepared for bedrest.

No comments: