Friday, May 23, 2008

Clayton at 18 months

It's hard to believe that Clayton is 18 months old! We went in for his check-up and he weighs 24 lbs (25%ile), height was 33.5" (80%ile) and his head...you guessed it...just above the 97%ile.

And here's my current list of "Oh, the things I love about you, Clayton!"

  • I love that you love to laugh. If you see anyone laugh, you'll join right in. You are so ticklish and have an infectious laugh.

  • I love that you could eat pretzels all day long and still ask for more. As soon as you are buckled into your carseat you start chanting for pretzels...or if you forget to do that - you start chanting as soon as you hear the bucket of pretzels roll in the car.

  • I love your obsession with balls - and that you're starting to identify the difference between basketball, football, baseball, etc.
  • I love that when I change your diaper you pick up the dirty one and make a mad dash for the kitchen to throw it away.
  • I love that you laugh hysterically when you are washing your hands and I turn the bathroom sink on and off.
  • I love that you can finally lay still for a diaper change!
  • I love that when I sing to you at night you "sing" along with me.
  • I love that you try to sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star but only sing "Up above the world so high" over and over and over and over - getting louder each time.
  • I love that you get excited to hold my hand. Or to hold Brooke's hand when you're sitting next to her in the car or stroller.
  • I love that you request a spoon at every meal - even though you don't really know how to use it yet and usually have food that doesn't require it.
  • I love your own little language you've developed; "abba da ba da baba" and you'll say it while pointing at something in complete confidence that I know what you've just said.
  • I love your curly, curly hair and blue eyes.


No comments: