Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Evangelism from a Three Year Old's Perspective

I loved this conversation that Brooke and I had yesterday, but there are a few points to know leading up to that story.

1) Our church is currently undergoing construction as we are expanding. On Monday, we drove past it on our way home from dance and Brooke asked again why we were doing that. I told her that we needed to make more room so that more people could know Jesus.

2) With the garage construction, the various workers have affectionately become the "garage men."

Yesterday, Brooke is standing in the kitchen, gets this huge smile on her face and says, "MOM! More people are going to know Jesus!" I told her that we hoped so and that would be great. "Mom? Is everyone going to know Jesus?!" I responded that it would be a wonderful thing if everyone did know Jesus (I wasn't sure how to respond at a 3 year old level.) She paused and you could see her wheels turning...."Mom? Do the garage men know Jesus?" I told her I didn't know. Her response..."You forgot to ask?" Yes, Brooke, I forgot to ask.

She left the room and perhaps didn't think anything of the conversation for the remainder of the day, but it stuck with me. In reality, it might just be as simple as asking those around us if they know Jesus. I love the lessons she teaches me each day.

No comments: