Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My best helpers!

Over the past couple days, I've had some really good helpers!

I was making dinner yesterday and it wasn't quite finished when Clayton got up from his nap, so I asked Brooke to take him a few toys to play with in his crib. Here's what I found...


The picture's not great but we have a huge playground ball, the Weeble treehouse, Weeble mobile, and a full bin of Weebles and Little People that she dumped in - there was barely room left for Clayton!

I'm not sure what the excitement with the vacuum is, but both kids were thrilled to push it around. We'll need to work on technique a bit yet! Hopefully they stay excited as it will eventually make it to the chore list for them.






And a few stories that made me laugh...

  • We were running errands and Brooke said she wanted to sit in Clayton's seat and pretend to be him. I agreed (heck, their basically the same size anyhow!) So we buckled up and right after I started the car Brooke says, "Pretzel please!" and started to laugh. She then says, "mom, I'm silly!" Very funny...that's exactly what Clayton does and she knows it!

  • Brooke brought me a pretend vacuum cleaner that she and Clayton both enjoy playing with and says, "MOM, you have to put this away we just cannot control ourselves and keep fighting over it!" Hmmm...where did she pick up on a phrase like that?!

Clayton (at 21 months) has also started some two-word phrases this past week. "bye-bye mama" "nigh nigh Buh" (Brooke) "da da car" It's interesting to look at where his speech is in comparison to Brooke's - she was over 2 before she even referred to me as "ma ma."

No comments: