Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A New Addition

Mike and I are expecting again. I went to the Dr. yesterday for my first appointment and was able to see the heartbeat and get some pictures. The official due date is 9/16. We're very excited, but it looks like this pregnancy too will come with some challenges. I'll start seeing a perintatolgist at 16 weeks and be on bed rest between 26-28 weeks until 36 weeks. We knew there was a good possibility of that, but the Dr. confirmed yesterday that would be our course.

Brooke has been very humorous through all of this as she tries to wrap her little 4-year old brain around the topic. She's asked how the baby got there: "Jesus put the baby there." And how it will come out - thank goodness for c-sections! When I showed her the pictures yesterday, I don't think that she was expecting a lima bean with a head...hmmm. She wants a sister - Clayton wants a brudder, so one of them will be right! We've talked about the special place the baby grows is called a "womb" - she often refers to it as being in the "groom." She's also has had many stories about how little Pooh and big Pooh had babies that grew in their arms and came out their mouths - she then says "Do I have a good 'magination mom?" She's excited that Clayton is going to be a big brother AND a little brother and that she'll be a big sister AND a big sister. She wants to know what I'm going to eat when I'm in the hospital and what things we'll buy for the baby. Let the questions begin!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the big sister AND a big sister....your stories make me laugh...

Unknown said...

Congratualtions!! Just so you know, I love your blog and all the stories!

Love ya and Miss ya!