Monday, April 13, 2009

And it's a BOY!

I went for my first perinatology visit today and for the first visit they always do a full anatomy analysis on the baby. All looks great and it's definitely a boy!

So I came home to tell Brooke who has been talking for months now about how she wants a baby sister and "if the Dr. takes out a girl then we'll know it's ours and if it's a boy we'll know it's not ours." I asked her if she wanted to see the baby's picture and she immediately asked if it was a boy or a girl. I asked what she wanted it to be - "a girl" she replied. And, oh the disappointment in her face to find out that it wasn't....poor thing. Clayton's response to the whole thing was that he was the "little brother."

Later Brooke was asking me why Jesus got to decide that it was a boy and why she didn't get to decide. And...why did he decide to make it a boy? Next came the most precious thing out of her mouth. She wanted to know if this baby boy would love Jesus just like she and Clayton love Jesus. I told her that we hoped so and we'd teach him all about Jesus. She asked what would happen if he didn't love Jesus. So I turned the question around back to her - she said, "then he won't be in heaven with us....Mom - we'll have to make sure this brother loves Jesus too." Oh how I love her heart and the simple faith that she has at such a young age.

No comments: