Friday, June 4, 2010

Graduation Day!

Brooke's preschool graduation day has come! Their class had an official ceremony for all of the parents to attend. I wish I had remembered the flip or camcorder because they sang a cute little song of "Oh we're ready" to the tune of "Oh My Darline Clementine." One of Brooke's teachers this year, Ms. Megann, was also her 3 year old teacher 2 years ago. She changed rooms in 2008 and we were fortunate enough to have her again this year. After graduation Ms. Megann and I were reflecting on how far Brooke has come over the past 3 school years. On Brooke's first day of preschool (at almost 3 yrs old) when I came to pick her up, Ms. Megann had to ask me to work with Brooke on staying dressed during the school day. Apparently in the playground sandbox Brooke got a little dirty and decided that the next logical step would be to strip naked - so she did... She has also come a long way in each of the play stations - originally her favorite activity would be to dump out all of the toys in any given area and then move on to the next station. My little girl that was in speech lessons and perfecting potty training has grown up into a reader and writer with such an intense curiosity about the world around her.



I'm a little sad that this season is over for us but I'm also SO excited to see all that she will learn (and teach me) as she heads to kindergarten. She can't wait to get there and try to learn everything about everything.


June 2010


April 2008



No comments: