Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Art skills

Kindergarten is a time of developing art skills and creativity...for the parents too! I'm Brooke's room mom and their Fall Party is tomorrow morning. One of the games is "Pin the Beak on the Owl" - which means you need an owl to put a beak on. I gave my best effort. Drawing/painting is not a gift that I was given. In fact I looked to see if Jo-Ann fabrics, Ebay, etc. might have a panel fabric that I could have used my straight stitch sewing skills on - that's the extent of my sewing skills too. No luck. SO - I'm sure it took longer than it would have for most and definitely doesn't look as great as if my sister had done it, but it was handdrawn (not traced) and painted with my best ability...most of all, it was done with love. AND, Brooke was able to identify it as an owl when she walked into the room. Hopefully the other 22 kindergarteners will as well!

No comments: