Monday, October 4, 2010

Why do I not write this stuff down?!

The kids make me laugh multiple times a day with their funny stories, naivity, and just plain silliness. Clayton has to be in the lead with making me laugh the most these days...and everything is SO funny to me at the time and then come the end of the day, I can't remember anything! here's a few of my favorites...


Clayton and I were playing/wrestling on the floor. Somehow his cheekbone collided pretty hard with my head. He started to cry for just a second and then stood up and proclaimed "It's okay MOM - I'm okay...it was just my head, not my WHOLE body that got hurt."


Tonight my mom and I were finishing up bringing in the last of our Sam's club run. Clayton was "hiding" behind the door and when we walked in he yelled "SURPRISE!" Grandma did a good job of pretending to be startled. Clayton started laughing hysterically and says, "That was fun - let's do that again!" So we walked back outside and closed the door - he thought it was equally funny the second time.


Clayton is definitely my more extroverted child and turns out to be a little boy full of random facts to share with...well...just about everyone. His current favorite "My dad likes coffee." Today we had a friend come over and he greeted her at the door with "Hello....My dad likes coffee."


Grandma Nancy told Clayton that Uncle Kenny was going to see his friend Joshua. Clayton says, "OH - Joshua of JERICHO?!"

Brooke's Bible verse for the week was "...the word of our God stands forever" Clayton has been doing fire safety in school and responded that her verse was true unless her Bible got burned in a fire. I told them we could use grandma's Bible if that happened.


Brooke was working on her BSF lesson and one of the questions asked for the definition of "holy". She turned and told me she knew it meant "set apart and exhalted" because OUR GOD is NOT "worn out with holes"

No comments: