Thursday, February 10, 2011

When I'm 65!

If I had known the number of times this conversation would occur I most certainly would have started a tally sheet so that you'd know I wasn't exaggerating to say that it's been DOZENS of times. Clayton has a really hard time understanding that Brooke will always be older than he will....ALWAYS! (Then again he still thinks that "tomorrow" is a day of the week as is Monday, Thursday, etc.) And the conversation (typically at breakfast) goes like this...



C: Brooke, I'll be older when I'm 7.
B: Yes, Clayton you'll be older, but I'll be older than you - I'll be 9.
C: Then, I'll be 9.
B: Then I'll be 11.
C: I'll be 11.
B: I'll be 13.
C: I'll be 26.
B: I'll be 28.
C: How old will Lincoln be?
B: 23.
C: Then I'll be 42.
B: Then I'll be 44.
C (yelling): Then I'll be SIXTY FIVE!!
B (calmly): Clayton, then I'll be 67.
And on and on...he always hits the number 65 with great enthusiasm. I think my favorite was when they got to 95 and 97, and then wanted to know how old I would be. I let them know that I'd be living with Jesus. "oh.." was the response I got. I am just amazed at how patient Brooke explains this concept (and how good she's gotten at adding 2 to some high numbers.) AND, I'm equally surprise how Clayton still has this conversation a couple times a week.

No comments: