Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Four year old logic...



I've learned that four year old logic needs to be embraced and enjoyed for its season or it has the capability to publicly embarrass. Here are Clayton's stories. Generally if he does something or explains something to a complete stranger that we won't come into contact with I've learned to care less what their judgement or thoughts are about me or my family; however, if it is an individual that we make regular contact with like a preschool teacher, librarian, etc. I typically take the time to explain his logic further.



"We have 3 dads and 2 moms." Typically said as a stand alone comment to a wide audience. Clayton knows that boys become daddys and girls become mommys. SO - in our family we have 2 girls and 3 boys....hence, 3 dads and 2 moms.



In Walmart the other day I had parked the cart not quite on our side of the aisle while I was looking at something. A lady tried to squeeze by but knocked our cart. I said sorry to the woman and Clayton says, "It's okay mom - it was HER fault!" The lady very graciously also found the humor in his comment...whew.

No comments: