Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Allie & Lincoln...the Best of Friends

Lincoln got to spend a lot of time with our very special friend Allie this year.  Her 4K classes were in the afternoon and with Lincoln not doing preschool this year, they both had many mornings open for play.  Some weeks they saw each other everyday.  They became the best of friends and constantly asked when they could see each other again.  As the school year has come to a close, these two got to enjoy a few special outings.  It is rare that I get emotional about milestones, school years ending, birthdays, etc...but I have been especially emotional for these two as I watch this year close.  Because of the way their birthdays fall, they will be two years apart in school.  Who knows what the future holds but I think the season of friendship that these two have had this year will never be quite the same...and I'm just.plain.sad.

Hoffer's Tropic Pets
 
 
 Surprise Trip to Build A Bear
 
 
 
 I've never cried putting my own kids on the bus, but taking this picture of Allie on her last day of 4K brought me to tears.  It's been such a special year and I'm really sad to say goodbye to it.


No comments: