Friday, June 14, 2013

Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry

Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry was on the kids' snowman list for this year.  Mike was down in Chicago for a conference through Friday, so Brooke, Clayton and I took the 8 a.m. train down to the Museum and Mike met up with us at lunch when his conference wrapped up.  It was a packed day, but a lot of fun!
 
I'd almost venture to call the train ride with the "older kids" easy - I read a book while they worked on various things - AMAZING!  And I had my own little milestone of getting a taxi by myself.  Well actually we just lined up with everyone else in the designated "get a taxi area."
Train Station Downtown

Brooke took the picture

Fairness happens occasionally...Clayton took the picture

 Brooke really enjoyed reading all about the different exhibits and Clayton really enjoyed manipulating any movable part on any and all of the exhibits.
Fine...take another picture...
 We did two "add-ons" for the day....the mine train and the submarine exhibit.  Both were excellent choices and I think two additional tours was just the right amount.
 These two made me laugh when they insisted on doing the fighter pilot simulator.  They got themselves turned upside down a few too many times and hit the emergency stop button after 45 seconds.  Oh boy...




I think we all could have skipped the 3.5 hour drive home.  (Mike chauffeured since he had driven down for the conference.)  Rush hour on a Friday afternoon was exhausting.

No comments: