Saturday, November 22, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Mike "surprised" me by having the toddler rails on Clayton's crib when I got home last night. Clayton was ready for his big boy bed - I don't think his mom is. He crawled right in, laid down and fell asleep. Then this morning, I saw him on the monitor sitting quietly reading his book - still in his bed! I came in and told him it was okay to get out now. What a huge difference from transitioning Brooke to a big bed...she couldn't stay in bed to save her life in the beginning! We do have to be more careful when we go to bed to make sure all the gates to the stairs are up though because he also learned this week how to turn our door knobs. Such a big boy - hopefully naps and the nights to come go as smoothly.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

So there is hope for Calvin? That's funny he learned how to open doors this week - Lilly learned how to take the babyproof things OFF the doors this week!