Sunday, November 9, 2008

Joint Birthday Party

Yesterday we had a joint birthday party for Brooke and Clayton with family and the Seiler's (who qualify as family on so many levels.) We had a spaghetti lunch - a room full of presents - and a the coolest bulldozer cake (that no, I did not make and probably would never even attempt to...it came complete with edible rocks!)

I love that we can laugh at each other as a family. Someone (Grandma Nancy) decided it would be a good idea to capture my mistake in the assembly of Clayton's ride on motorcycle. I thought I'd "help" my dad assemble it while he was at the store buying my last minute grocery list - pretty sure it's not the kind of help he was looking for. I didn't know my own strength and put the back wheel on slightly too tight...okay...it wouldn't roll. So here I am trying to break it in so that it would roll. The vote of the house was that I should just ride home (3 miles) and that would loosen it up just fine. Ha, ha, ha. Dad ended up having to rip the back tire apart and go buy some new parts to reassemble it...definitely not the help he was looking for!

Thanks Aunt Laura and Uncle Eric for the "gear" that matched the motorcycle - we're sad you couldn't be here to celebrate with us.




Caution - Birthdays - Some Assembly Required!

No comments: