Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Brooke, Brooke, Brooke, Brooke

For those of you that know what a planner I am (or should I say was...since Lincoln was born there doesn't seem to be time...) Anyhow, when I was pregnant with Brooke I would watch the newborn websites of all of the local hospitals just to ensure that I wasn't picking too common of a name. Mike and I (mostly me) felt confident that Brooke was simple enough that she wouldn't have to spell it for everyone and unique enough that she wouldn't have to go through school being one of many with her same name. Best laid plans! Today we went to register for Kindergarten - pay all our fees, school pictures taken, school supplies picked up and to find out who her teacher was and which other children would be in her class. Turns out that there is another Brooke in her class....AND....two more girls in the kindergarten level (there's four classrooms) with the name Brooke. That's right FOUR Brooke's.


Even so Brooke could not be more excited to start Kindergarten! Three weeks from today and my baby will hop on the bus. She got the hot lunch calendar for school today and circled all but 4 days that she wanted to "buy lunch" - she's been working on memorizing the code that she needs to enter when she goes through the line. She put labels on all of her supplies the moment we walked in the door and was sincerely upset that she couldn't check out books from the school library yet (that's where picture taking was held.) Oh the excitement of kindergarten - I hope it lives up to her expectations!!

No comments: