Sunday, September 21, 2008

Days 2 & 3 at Hilton Head Island

We're now on the 5th floor, oceanside view suite. It could not be more beautiful. The weather hasn't been complete sunshine (only a few sprinkles here and there) at upper 70 degrees temperature - perfect! Yesterday (Saturday) morning we walked the beach, swam in the pools and walked around most of the Palmetto Dunes area. (That's the section of Hilton Head we're in.) Clayton went down for nap while Brooke & Mike went for a romantic walk on the beach and enjoyed a drink at the poolside bar. Brooke had a "Spiderman" (too bad it's not safe for our friend Tommy who is currently obsessed with Spiderman but has an allergy to milk. No worries, Tommy, Brooke enjoyed it for you!) While Clayton slept I worked on my Bible study...can I just say that there is no better than studying God's Word while overlooking his amazing creation. How anyone believes this all happened on "accident" is so far beyond my comprehension! I also made it through a book at nap and after the kids went to bed from one of my favorite authors - Karen Kingsbury. I haven't finished a book of hers since I was on bedrest with Clayton (that would be 2 years ago for those doing the math!) We then had dinner and scouted out our adventures for Sunday.

Early this morning we started off again on the beach searching tide pools for anything exciting - no luck. We came back, got ready for the day and headed to Sea Pines Cove. We walked the paths there, climbed the lighthouse, played on the playground and had an amazing lunch at the Crazy Crab. Mike got the full steamed lobster and I had a steamed seafood platter (shrimp, oysters and crab). Compared to what we would have paid in Milwaukee for the same meal, it was very reasonable and met my one request of a seafood meal while we were on the ocean. So Clayton's napping again and Mike & Brooke rented a bike (with a carrier on the back) to cruise around the area on. She's really enjoying all this daddy time - and I must say I'm enjoying a few hours of peace and quiet just listening to the waves hit the sand.

No comments: