Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lincoln Kyle Stanley has arrived!

Baby Lincoln decided that he didn't want to wait until our scheduled c-section this coming Friday and that he would make his appearance a bit early. God's hand was clearly seen through the day of putting all the details together for this little man's arrival. I woke up at 7 a.m. (Friday, August 28th) surprised that neither of the kids were awake yet (typically they are the alarm clock somewhere between 5 and 6:45 a.m.) I went to use the restroom and my water broke - (very conveniently in the bathroom!) I called Mike who had just arrived at work and moments earlier started to boot up his computer - he quickly shut everything down and came home to take me to the hospital. I also called my mom who was coming over that morning to help me with some final errands before baby's arrival to come over a bit earlier than planned. We headed to the hospital and they confirmed that we were indeed in labor and began pulling together the details of the operating room, doctor's, anesthesiologist, etc. We were scheduled for a 10:30 a.m. c-section (baby was breech and it's too much risk for my body to undergo a "normal" delivery anyhow). I did get to enjoy 3 hrs of intense contractions that were 2-3 minutes apart though as we waited. Everything went really well with the c-section and at 11:06 a.m. Lincoln Kyle Stanley arrived weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and was 20" long. He's a great baby and cries very little. He only let out a few squawks when he had blood drawn and was relatively content during his first bath. Our first nights home have been good and Lincoln has pretty much only gotten up to eat (not to play too!) Brooke and Clayton are loving being the "helpers" and are also having fun with all of the "new" baby toys.

Today I let them give Lincoln a bath - basically they each got a wet wash cloth and learned how to gently wash his knees, elbows, tummy, etc. Later daddy took them outside and I finished his bath with soap added to the equation. The kids were none the wiser...

Here's some of our favorite pictures so far.

Welcome, Baby Lincoln Kyle!

We have THREE kiddos.

Brooke just beaming

Clayton's not quite sure what he thinks of this new baby...
First family walk

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

So cute... Brooke looks so excited! :) I can't wait to meet him. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats, Elizabeth! I'm so glad everything went 'smoothly.' Everyone looks great - what a cutie pie!!! :o)

KSeiler said...

Everyone looks great, Clayton looks so cute holding Lincoln and Brooke is just beaming. Oh I can't wait to see you guys! Wow Brooke's hair is getting long and Clayton looks tall. Did I tell you that when I told Tommy you were having the baby he asked me, "So is it my birthday?" We told him all along that baby Stanley would be born the day after his birthday not 6 days before.