Saturday, September 19, 2009

Oh Clayton, you make me laugh!

Clayton is just so silly and makes me laugh. I love the world he's discovering and how he'll repeat things he hears Mike and I say (sometimes in the correct context).




  • We were at Kohl's and he proclaims "that lady has no head!" It took me a minute to realize that he was talking about the manikin.
  • Yesterday morning Clayton crawled into bed with Mike and I - Baby Lincoln started to cry and Mike started to get up. To which Clayton exclaims, "That's not you job daddy - it's mommy's!!"
  • The rule when we are out for a walk or going to the playground is that the kids can run in the grass, but not on the cement. I had to take Clayton to the Dr last week and had the baby with me. As we got to the car, I let go of Clayton's hand so that he could get in. He took off down this huge grassy hill - which sent me chasing him (Lincoln safely in the car already.) I told he we shouldn't run away and that we needed to go back to the car. "But mama, I running in the grass!"
  • So the reason we were at the Dr was because Clayton had hives. When he saw his "spots" he let us know that we should cover them all up with band-aids. Apparently they fix everything.
  • Clayton's favorite color is blue. He's a riot to shop with because in every aisle he proclaims that he wants the blue one. We were going through McD's for ice cream cones and Clayton yells from the backseat that he wants the blue one!!
  • After he's naughty we'll hear "I be in trouble? I not a good listener?"
  • In comforting baby Lincoln, "it's okay baby, I'm here baby, it's okay" "Or, he's crying - I get him - I make him happy!"
  • We were eating lunch and Brooke was whining about something. Clayton says, "What's wrong peanut?"
  • When Brooke was in time out he went up to her and said, "Brooke, you not make a good choice."
  • As Brooke was asking how much more of her dinner she had to eat, Clayton responded before I could "Brooke, take two more bites and then you have POPSICLE!" (Clayton's huge motivator for just about anything these days is a popsicle - Brooke really could take it or leave it.)
And a Brooke story too...
  • We've been having Brooke lay down each afternoon when Clayton does and she'll usually fall asleep for 45 minutes or so. Mike had been telling her when he got home what a great mood she was in on the days she had taken a nap. Friday he came home and I overheard the following... Brooke: "Daddy, can you tell I took a nap today?!" Mike: "Yes Brooke, I can, you're in a great mood." I saw the set up coming and just could respond fast enough...see - Brooke didn't take a nap on Friday. What a tricky little lady and Mike fell into the trap!

1 comment:

KSeiler said...

Thats my guy, gotta love that crazy kid! -Karen