Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apple Picking and Raking Leaves

The weather has been unseasonably warm. Mike and Brooke went apple picking Sunday in shorts! This was the first time Brooke had gone apple picking and she seems to have had a great time with her daddy. (Clayton and I stayed home for his nap time.)



Then Monday afternoon Brooke and I raked leaves - in SHORTS! I almost had her pose in the piles of leaves in her swimsuit. It was definitely warm enough to have done so. She was a riot to watch both rake and jump into the pile. I can't say she's the most coordinated child you'll meet and her jumping skills are probably slightly below average - which makes for some hilarious moments!


I'd say Brooke's imagination is better than most. Here she is as a bird flying into her nest and then...the bird that refused to get out of her next because the eggs had not yet hatched.

But...back to those coordination skills...she took a running jump and totally missed the pile!

No comments: