Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving with Friends....and Power Tools

Last night we had a blast carving pumpkins with our friends Ryan and Tina Carriveau. We rode the flat bed trailer being pulled by their 4-wheeler over to their pumpkin patch and after a wonderful dinner started carving our pumpkins. Jackson (3) and Clayton (2) were more interested in all the toys in the garage, but Brooke really had a great time pulling all the "goo" out of the pumpkins. The power tools were pulled out to assist with the project - with mixed results. I'm not quite Martha Stewart and the magazine article I was copying would have been embarassed to have been my inspiration - my pumpkin ended up looking like it was involved with a drive-by shooting!

Ryan, Tina, Jackson (3), Isaac (1)


Ryan with his "goo" helpers

Mike claimed that me and a power tool was a momentous occasion!


The final product.

No comments: