Friday, October 23, 2009

Clayton vs. 58" Plasma TV

And the winner is....Clayton! This morning the kids were watching Jungle Book while I finished getting ready and packing up a few things to head over to the new house. Brooke announces "Mom, the picture on the TV went away." So I walked in there (the DVD had skipped a few times that morning and I figured it was a similar situation.) After examing the DVD player for a moment, Brooke then says, "Mom, it's cause he bammed it." I then looked more closely to see that the screen of the TV was damaged - that also explains why the room smelled a bit like smoke. After inquiring from the 3 and 5 year old exactly what happened here's what I gathered - mind you I was standing about 5 feet away in the bathroom with the door open as all this was happening and it wasn't dramatic enough to have caught my attention. Clayton's rendition "I hit the tiger with the green cup." Brooke's rendition, "He got upset because the tiger was being mean to Mowgli, so he bammed the tiger." I think Mike might cry as he hauls his TV (that happens to be less than 6 months old) out to the curb for the garbage men to put to rest....although I must say he did handle the phone call from me this morning better than I had expected. And of course about 10 minutes after the incident Clayton wanted to know if we could watch a different movie.

3 comments:

Grandma Nancy said...

Be thankful that you didn't make the tv part of your home sale. Otherwise, Mike would be buying the new folks a TV and that would probably hurt even more...

Jamie said...

oh my.....

Unknown said...

This is insane - I'm so sorry about your t.v but your recap is hilarious! 58" plasma...RIP Oh, and btw - I'm not sure Jodi will want Clayton to come over to play!