Friday, October 9, 2009

Meeting the new neighbors

We've officially met one of the new neighbors. Being back and forth between the two houses we hadn't had the chance to meet our new neighbors. On Wednesday my friend Jennifer and her two kids were over at our house to play. Jen had to run out to the car for something and gave Clayton instructions to stay in the house - I was tending to Brooke who had just had a storage bin dropped on her foot and was being very dramatic about the whole thing. Clayton decided that he did need to go outside and I promptly followed him - which he thought was funny and decided to run around the front yard. Our new neighbor Steve was outside with his dog and watching the whole thing. As I was carrying Clayton back to the house (sideways under my arm like a sack of potatoes), Steve's dog Leo (a 90 lbs dog) comes running over to our yard to see what all the excitement is. Steve very politely says, "Hi - are you my new neighbor?" I introduced myself and then one of the other kids opened up the front door to reveal the drama that was still going on inside (mostly hysterical screaming) from the aforementioned storage bin that landed on Brooke. I don't even want to imagine what Steve was thinking at this point, but hey if we can't bring a little excitement and entertainment to the neighborhood, why be there!

No comments: