Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Too much McDonalds?

With living between the two houses and the new house not having appliances, we have gone through the McDonald's drive-though MUCH more than I would like to admit over the past month. And there have been a few signs from Clayton that have made that evident.


  • It was a warmer day and Lincoln was sleeping in his carseat, so the old two kids and I decided to draw with sidewalk chalk when we got home. The kids are both excited about upcoming birthdays and we drew balloons and birthday cakes. I had drawn a cake and on one side written a 5 for Brooke and on the other I wrote a 3. Clayton was standing at a 90 degree angle to me and exclaims, "MOM - you drew McDonald's!" (the 3 looked like McD's arches to him...)

  • As we were heading through the drive-thru I asked the kids what they wanted to eat for lunch. Clayton's response, "I want the grocery store."

I can't say that we've avoided McD's as a much more disciplined friend of mine has done (the convenience is too great on the really crazy days) but we have been there MUCH less recently.

No comments: