Thursday, October 15, 2009

THESE are the days I'm going to miss!

It's been rainy and cold the past few days...yet today was so different then my crazy day a few weeks ago. Brooke was the first one up this morning - I had already showered so we were able to enjoy breakfast and conversation together. Clayton slept until almost 8:30 (unheard of - he's usually up at 6:30 at the latest!) He started crying in the kitchen before we left for school because he needed a kiss and a hug from me...oh, melt my heart. I hold those moments close knowing that there will be a day that my little boy won't desire a kiss and hug to start off his day. They had a great morning at school and then we played at the new house with our friends Miss Joy, Casey and Caleb. The afternoon was still dreary, rainy and cold so we all took a nap - very rare that all 3 kids are asleep at the same time and Brooke asked if she could snuggle with me during nap in my bed...how could I say no.

Everyone still had their "moments" today of whining and arguing, but overall it's days like these that I truly will miss and look back at fondly.

No comments: