Thursday, October 29, 2009

FIVE!!


Brooke turns 5 years old today - WOW! We started the day with dessert as is tradition in our family. (All my kids had morning deliveries, so we start the day with a mini party and load up on the sugar.) Everyone had picked out their dessert from the Sendik's bakery the day before, so we were set. Clayton insisted that he have a candle to blow out too, but agreed that we could sing to just Brooke. It was a school day, so Brooke took in treats for her class to help celebrate and she got to wear a super-cool birthday hat all morning. For lunch, daddy took us all to Tazino's (one of Brooke's favorite pizza places.) We opened a few presents from Aunt Laura and from Mike and I - we're having a joint birthday party for Brooke and Clayton in a little over a week. And I think Brooke's favorite part of the day was that she was put to bed in her new room as our first "official" day sleeping at the new house. I cannot believe that my little preemie baby has grown up to be such a big girl. I love her imagination and stories. She has such a love of learning and can even read already...I'm continually amazed at how much she knows already. This definitely was a milestone that hit me as realizing how little time I do have with her before she'll be all grown up and no longer my little girl that I put to bed at night.

No comments: